October 8th: Spook up bedtime with Milk & Spiders
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
October 7th: Watch football, and eat a Butterball, er, a Butterfinger Ball
One of my favorite fall activities is to “Watch” football, which translated means, an afternoon hovering over the snack table.
This cheeseball-style snack, is sweet, simple, and perfect to curb game day cravings.
8 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 package of butterfingers ( or other candy)*
Cookies, Pretzels, or apples for dipping
1. With a mixer, blend cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.
2. Mix in chocolate chips by hand.
3. Chill mixture for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, crush butterfingers in a resealable bag.
5. Place cream cheese mixture in plastic wrap. Form a ball.
6. Roll the ball into Butterfinger pieces.
7. Serve the ball with cookies, pretzels, or apples.
*You can mix up the recipe, by substituting Butterfingers for other candies, such as Reese’s Pieces, M&M’s, or chocolate chips.