Girl Scout cookie season has come and gone. So what’s a girl to do when she has an insatiable craving for the Samoa cookie?
What’s a Samoa, you ask?
It’s the cookie with-
Sweet toasted Coconut,
Rich, decadent Chocolate,
And, chewy golden Caramel.
And when you combine all three flavors and textures, it’s nothing short of irresistible.
Now imagine all of that goodness…on top of a cheesecake.
No-Bake Samoa Cheesecake
Original Recipe by Life, Love and Sugar
2 cups Oreo crumbs (from about 20 Oreos, leave filling in the Oreos))
1/4 cup butter, melted
Filling and Topping
1 cup coconut flakes, divided
24 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 cup vanilla wafers, broken into pieces
1/2 cup caramel sauce, divided (I use this one)
8 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
1/4 cup mini chic chips for topping
additional caramel sauce for topping
chocolate sauce for topping (I use this one)
1. Spread coconut onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter and press into the bottom of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
3. Combine cream cheese, sugars and extracts in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
4. Fold in 3/4 cup of coconut flakes, vanilla wafer pieces and 1/4 cup caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture.
5. Add Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture and stir until combined.
6. Add batter to crust in 3 parts, adding a little more of the caramel sauce each time until you’ve used all of the caramel. Use a knife to swirl caramel around. Be careful to not put the knife through the crust.
7. Smooth out the top of the cheesecake.
8. Top cheesecake with remaining 1/4 cup coconut flakes, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and caramel sauce.
9. Refrigerate until firm, 4-5 hours.